Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cupcake Decorating Class for a Birthday Party

I conducted a cupcake decorating class for a bunch of 4-7 year-olds last Sunday at Sol Restaurant. A great friend of mine, J approached me to do the class for her son's 6th birthday. I must say when I heard that there were 18 kids at the party, I was half expecting the theme of the party, Colour Zoo, to come alive! Well, you know, rowdy kids + cakes and fondant = chaos and mess. 

To my pleasant surprise, the children were polite, orderly and some of them were so sweet. I had the most fantastic and rewarding time, and I definitely look forward to doing this again!


Each of the child got to decorate two cupcakes. They would choose the animals they would like to make from the sample display I had (created by my talented best-est friend, SM), and would mold and roll out the fondant with my guidance. They would then eat one of their masterpieces at the restaurant and take the other home. I love it when the children looked so proud and excited as they showed their parents the finished product.

Of all the animals I had made, I love the pig and lion best. The kids, on the other hand, loved the blue elephant and most of them choose to "make" an elephant cupcake.

Here's a pic of the birthday boy, getting ready to blow his candles. Happy 6th birthday, Xiang!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment